Thursday, April 5, 2012

I Have A Bad Feeling About This!

(Haha! I just realized that I have two blog posts with the same title)

So I am a pretty big Star Wars fan! And I am a pretty big fan of my X Box. So when I found out that they were coming out with a Star Wars Kinect game, I was naturally excited! I couldn't wait to use the force and swing a Lightsaber. Destroy droids and toss Stormtroopers. Flying star ships through space. The idea of a Kinect Star Wars game, seems like a no brainer. And then... they started showing footage of the game. They showed Jedi using the force and slashing Lightsabers. Podracing, star ships. There is also a part of the game that has you taking control of a Rancor that proceeds to rampage through a Tatooine city. Destroying buildings and stomping enemies. And that actually looks like quiet a bit of fun, I might add. But then they revealed a dancing sequence in the game...


So... after seeing Han Solo dancing like a goof in the carbon freezing chamber, it really kinda takes away from the great scene in the Empire Strikes Back! Who thought this was a good idea? It really is beyond cheese. And almost beyond words. lol. Star Wars has been making merchandise for 35 years! But this seems like scraping the barrel. And very much like watered down Star Wars. I had high hopes for Kinect Star Wars, but my excitement has slowly sputtered to a stop after seeing Han Solo dancing to some lame song.


No comments:

Post a Comment