Monday, August 22, 2011

This Isn't My First Rodeo, Mr. Stark.

Those who read this blog know, I get petty excited for movies before they are even in the theatre. Heck, I get excited for movies even before they finish filming! And this post is no different than that. So lets talk about The Avengers. I can not express to you how excited I am for this movie. (But I will try) Probably according to my wife, I am annoyingly excited for this movie. Lately she has had the SNL Aunt Linda "Ah, Geez" look on her face whenever I mention the movie. Ha! But it doesn't bother me. I figure maybe somehow my excitement will eventually flow onto her. Because this movie is absolutely worthy of excitement. Something like this has never been attempted before on film. It's the type of movie that is only dreamed of, but never brought to life. The sheer ambition of this movie is practically insane! Which is what makes it so much fun!

For those of you who aren't familiar, The Avengers superhero team will consist of Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Hulk, Hawkeye and Black Widow. That is a huge amount of kick butt! As of yet, not a lot of the plot or story has been released yet. Which doesn't really bother me, secrecy builds buzz and excitement. For the past couple weeks, production for the film has been filming in downtown Cleveland, Ohio. The streets have been made to look like an alien invasion is taking place. Destruction everywhere. There's been a bunch of stuff blown up, something like 20 cars. Extras running all over the place. Captain America and Thor are the only Avengers spotted on the set so far. And for the past few days they have been fighting actors dressed in motion capture suits... Can anyone say Skrulls or Kree? Neither alien race have been confirmed yet though.

I am completely sold on this movie. I figure even if it is lame and cheesy, I think this is going to be one heck of a ride. And probably going to be everything I think it will be. Fun, exciting and pure awesomeness. I can't wait to see a picture of the Avengers assembled! And as soon as I get a calendar for 2012, I am circling May 4th with a big red Sharpie.

               I wonder why some of the extras are wearing motion capture hats and some aren't?


I am expecting to see quite a bit of hammer bashing in this movie!



No comments:

Post a Comment