Saturday, June 18, 2011

I Have A Bad Feeling About This.

Well I just wasted 1 hr 45 minutes of my life that I will never get back. And by that I mean that I just got back from the Green Lantern movie. And it was bad. Really, really bad. To be honest I had high hopes for this movie, but it was bad. This just proves how movie trailers can be quite deceptive. Green Lantern didn't work as a movie, the whole pace of the film was very sporadic. Every time there was excitement of any kind, they had to slap a scene Hal talking to Carrol about how he had too much fear to be a Lantern. These scenes (and there are a few) just drag the whole thing down. It felt as if the Director (Martin Campbell) was asleep through most of the movie. Editing was bad. Acting was bad. The attempt of humour was bad. (Although the kid next to me laughed hysterically whenever he saw the bad guy) The CGI was bad. Directing was awful, as if he didn't care how it all turned out. 


I have not been so let down by a movie in a long time. But this one takes the cake. It really felt like a movie from the 90's. But a bad movie from 90's. Strangely even the music felt dated somehow. So much potential was wasted and not used. Like you never really got to see the full Green Lantern Corp in action. Sinestro takes his "strongest warriors" to try and take down Parallax. The scene is built up, you see Parallax swallowing a planet. A PLANET! Sounds cool right? The group of Lanterns fly through space in formation towards him. They all shoot their green power rings at him, Parallax repels there attack and then the scene ends, you get nothing out of it. And almost every scene felt like that, build up towards... nothing. Hal and Carrol talk about stuff. I have never wanted to walk out of a movie, but I actually came close a few times during this one. The 150 million dollars that someone spent to make this movie should have been used for something else. So save yourself the time and money, and stay far away from this one. Go see Super 8, it is a far superior movie in every aspect.


PS. One redeeming thing from going to see Green Lantern, was that I saw a trailer for Transformers 3, and it was in 3D! It wasn't a new trailer or anything, but the 3D looked phenomenal! The excitement builds.

No comments:

Post a Comment