Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Hang On To Your Butts.

Jurassic Park is one of my favorite movies. I was absolutely obsessed with it when it first came out in '93. And I remember vividly how it blew me away the first time I watched it. The scene when the T-Rex steps out of his paddock after eating the goat is still such a great scene to me. Just something about the co-existence of Humans with Dinosaurs, fascinated me. Probably still does. Because when I first heard rumblings that Steven Spielberg was executive producing a sci-fi/dinosaur tv series called Terra Nova, I naturally was pretty interested. After seeing the teaser trailer that was released during the Super Bowl, I am not sure if it is looking good or bad.

It almost looks like a rehashed Jurassic Park idea mixed with some elements of Avatar. The compound that the 'travelers' are living in look very similar to the structures from Jurassic Park. Man, it even has Stephen Lang in it. And it looks like he is playing the same character that he played in Avatar. I am not ready to say that it looks lame, but I have a few doubts. I guess I will have to see a few episodes first. Hopefully it turns out to be good. Terra Nova airs on Fox, in the Fall.




No comments:

Post a Comment