Friday, May 27, 2011

All In A Days Work.

I love alien invasion movies. There is just something about them that has always intrigued me. Maybe it is the whole survival thing, and facing against a much larger opponent. Just to make it clear, I don't think that our planet will ever be invaded by aliens, but it sure is fun to think about sometimes. And since I have an over active brain, I often find myself thinking about such things. And then I thought about who I might want by my side in such an occasion. And here are my choices.

                                                                        Marcus Fenix

Former Prisoner and leader of Delta Squad. He is a battle hardened solider who has seen his fair share of alien combat. And has fought through thousands of Locust Hordes, just to get to the other side. Not many people can say that they were swallowed by a huge, subterranean city destroying worm, only to escape by cutting a hole right through the side of it!

                                                                       Gordon Freeman

First day on the job at Black Mesa Research Facility and Gordon finds himself in the wrong place at the wrong time. Or is the right place at the right time? Whatever mess he is faced with, Gordan Freeman always seems to find a way out. Even if it means being teleported to their home planet just to kick a little alien butt. Through everything Gordon goes through, he is still able to keep his glasses on his face.


                                                                    The Hulk

Pretty much any Super Hero could fit onto this list, but the Hulk is my top choice. He is a mean, green fighting machine. I bet he could clean up an alien infected planet all by himself! He also gets stronger the longer he fights. And after seeing him fight in the arena on the planet Sakaar, he shouldn't have any problem standing his ground against invaders.
                                             
                                                                Dutch

Although he outwitted and ultimately destroyed one of the galaxy's greatest hunters, I am not sure how he would fair against multiple assailants. But in the end he did end up fighting his foe with his bare hands! So I think if he had more than he did in the Jungle of South America, he should do just fine.

                                                                         Master Chief

The ultimate alien butt kicker! A genetically altered super soldier, with one objective; to save humanity from intergalactic invaders. He is more than capable to take on whatever the baddies has to offer. He is even willing to ride a massive bomb heading towards the enemies ship, just to make sure it reaches it's destination. Now that is dedication.

2 comments:

  1. Gordon Freeman > Master Chief

    I will never forget playing HalfLife when it first came out. It was strange running out of ammo so quickly and being left with little more than a crowbar to fight off the headcrabs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Half life blew me away the first time I played it. Very impressive game, to say the least.

    ReplyDelete